Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Baseball Blog

I don't write on sports as much as I had thought I would, but I expect to do more. In Nashville, I had the great luck to meet Dave Pinto as we were walking from the parking garage to the first event. Turns out his blog is Baseball Musings and he really, really, really knows his stuff.

I was drafted out of college by the Pittsburgh Pirates and played in their minor league system before going to law school. As you might imagine, Dave and I had a lot to talk about. He actually managed to listen respectfully to my theory that hall of fame voters should use the career sum of standard deviations greater than the median to evaluate whether players are worthy of induction to the Hall.

Dave worked for ESPN. He studied Biochemistry at Harvard and got a masters in computer science. And he belongs to that rare group of people who may actually have spent more of their youth being nuts about baseball (reading, watching, playing Strat-o-matic) than I did!

You can find him here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bachbone said...

Go to a minor league game. Support the kids who are trying to make it to the big leagues. They play their butts off for a pittance, sometimes endure terrible road conditions, and most never make it. But for 1/3 what you'll pay for a MLB ticket, you can get box seats, a decent meal at a nearby restaurant, walk back to your car in 5 minutes, and be home in an hour. GO Lansing Lugnuts!

4:26 PM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home