Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Do 20% of our kids go to bed hungry?

This is a second example of liberal slander.

The folks at Second Harvest put out ads periodically which make this claim about hunger. I've seen such ads on the internet and heard them on the radio. "One in five children go to bed hungry. The sooner you believe it, the sooner we can do something about it."

I'm glad the Second Harvest folks do what they do. But I can't understand why they put out such garbage in their ads. And I really can't understand how someone could believe any of it.

As in my prior example on school funding, stop and think about all the people in the community who are implicitly slandered by this ad -- ministers, priests, rabbis, deacons, elders, social workers, politicians, journalists, university professors, advocacy groups, etc. -- actually, anyone with a conscience. If 20% of the kids in this community were really suffering from hunger, I can assure you that every minister in every church that I ever belonged to would have made solving such a problem his mission in life. It would be the topic of every sermon. We would see church committees organizing food drives so fast that we'd likely get whiplash. Since some of them are actually involved as volunteers for Second Harvest and some of our tithes go to support the organization, I would have to assume that they would know.

I can only assume that they put out such ads because they work. What kind of person could possibly believe them? How distorted must their view of reality be? How long have they lived on the other side of such a bizarre looking glass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home